Last updated on October 16, 2020
Tired of itching in private parts?
Have you tried many solutions but the itching tends to return after some time?
If the answer to the above questions is Yes, you are at the right place as we discover the most potent home remedies for itching in private parts.
This situation can be extremely irritating and can arise because of many reasons both in males and females. Although, it is more common in females and occurs due to dryness or chemical irritants which can reach the private parts due to the use of soaps or other chemicals while bathing.
The type of home remedy you use will also vary depending on the place where you feel itching and many other factors and the best part is that we answer all your worries in this blog.
Without any further ado, let’s dig deep into the list and solve your problem once and for all.
Menthol is first in the list for its benefits that apply both to men and women. Menthol as a component belongs to the mint family, and its oil has also been used in many medicinal supplements which claim to treat itchiness.
Numerous studies and researches have also taken place on the effects of menthol on the skin, especially for treating itchiness, and all the results have confirmed the positive effects.
2. Baking soda bath
One of the biggest reasons for itchiness in private parts is yeast and other kinds of bacteria.
The list of the best home remedies for itching in private parts cannot be completed without listing baking soda.
Baking soda is one of the most potent antifungal natural supplements. It works and kills candida cells in the body which are responsible for causing yeast infections which directly cause the itchiness.
How to take a baking soda bath for best results –
- Dissolve around 1/4 – 2 cups of baking soda to your bathing water and allow it some time to dissolve completely
- Soak yourself in the bath for anywhere between 10 to 40 minutes for best results
3. Removing the dryness
As mentioned in the above sections, dryness is the primary cause of itchiness in private parts. There are many ways in which you can remove it, and we are listing the best Home remedies for itching in private parts by removing the dryness –
- Apply a cold pack around the affected area for 5-10 mins
- Keep your moisturizing creams and lotions in the refrigerator and apply them on the affected area to get instant relief
- Apply a wet cloth around the area
- Regularly maintain lotions around the affected area to remove dryness
These methods are the best ways for instant relief. Quite often, we are on the lookout for instant comfort, and all these remedies will help you achieve those.
4. Greek Yogurt
This method is especially beneficial for pregnant women who often face the problem of itchiness. Greek Yogurt is among some of the potent solutions for bacteria.
Furthermore, it promotes the growth of good bacteria in your vagina, which will prevent itchiness from happening in the future.
Some of the ways you can use greek yoghurt as one of the Home remedies for itching in private parts –
- You can insert some greek yoghurt inside your vagina for instant relief
- For better and long-lasting results, the best way is to apply greek yoghurt on a tampon and keep it on for some time
An important thing to note here is to use regular greek yoghurt, and it should have any flavours or something because that will add additional chemicals which might harm your skin.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Didn’t expect apple cider vinegar to be on this list?
Yes, Apple cider vinegar is among many other superfoods which have innumerable health benefits. Surprisingly, it is also one of the home remedies for itching in private parts.
The major component of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid which has been used as a disinfectant and an antiseptic for centuries.
An important thing to note is not to apply apple cider vinegar in case you have a wound or cracked skin. It will cause a burning sensation.
How to apply it on the skin?
- Choose a 1-1 ratio of apple cider vinegar and water and gently apply the solution on the affected area
Things to avoid
Along with the home remedies, many other things are among the reason for itching in private parts.
There is a big possibility that you apply one of the methods in this list and suffer from itchiness again after a few days. To make sure this does not happen to you, these are things that you should avoid –
- Hot water showers remove moisture from your skin which makes it more prone to itchiness. If you have a habit of bathing with hot water, make sure to quit that
- Other significant causes are temperature and humidity. Make sure to limit your exposure to hot temperatures and try and remain in air-conditioned areas during hot weather
- Look out for the fragranced skin care products that you are using. These are full of harmful chemicals which can enhance the growth of bacteria, so the best solution is to prevent the direct connect with skin
- Stress is another significant factor that triggers itchiness in your body. Read about other blogs on this website on how to control stress which will help prevent most of the health problems that you are facing
- Look out for the clothes that you are wearing every day and make sure to avoid wool and synthetic fibres
If you are directly landing at the conclusion to know the key points, you can solve your itching problem just by reading the headings of the Home remedies for itching in private parts.
I have included the steps in every heading, and you can simply copy them.
Make sure to follow and take care of all the things that are mentioned in the things to avoid section. You have to make specific changes as itchiness is not a one-time thing and returns in most scenarios.
Make sure to check out other interesting blogs on this website to power up your health and find the best home remedies for all your health-related issues and problems.
Enjoy your itching free life now!!!